5 Free Learning Websites for Kids
If you don’t normally home school, having your kids at home full-time can be…well let’s face it, a pretty big shock! This is especially true when you have toddlers who are not yet at the age where they can follow distance education through their school district. Outdoor learning for kids of this age has become limited to backyards, front yards, and neighborhood walks. Socialization with friends is limited to facetime and virtual hangouts through places like Zoom, Google Hangouts, and others. Whether you are trying to balance your new work from home status, or just trying to keep your extremely active and energetic toddler entertained and learning, here is a list of a few fun, educational and safe websites for your kids to enjoy:
1. Switcheroo Zoo – watch, play games and learn about all the amazing animals!
2. Storyline Online – Some of your kids favorite books read out out loud by movie stars.
3. ABC Ya – Practice reading and math skills all while playing fun games.
4. NatGeo For Kids – Learn about geography and fascinating animals!
5. Starfall – Practice phonics skills with some great read-along stories.
Parenting is no easy feat, but combine it with being your child’s teacher, and it can feel almost impossible. Know that you are not alone in this, and despite what it may feel like, you are doing a great job, so grab a glass of wine and give yourself a well-deserved pat on the back.