Last Updated: December 30, 2019
- What Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Use the Information Collected?
- How and When Do We Disclose Your Information to Third Parties?
- How Can I Update and Correct Information or Cancel My Account?
- Can I Opt-Out of Promotional Emails?
- What About Information I Disclose Publicly?
- What About the Security of Personal Information?
- What About Social Media Features and Widgets?
- What Age Restrictions Apply?
- What if I have Additional Questions?
(1) WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- Personal Information You Provide To Us
We may ask you to provide us with certain categories of information such as personal information, which is information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally, such as your name, e-mail address, and mobile number (“Personal Information”). We may collect this information through various forms and in various places through the Services, including account registration forms, contact us forms, or when you otherwise interact with us. When you sign up to use the Services, you create a user profile. Your profile may include different information depending on whether you are using the Services as a family, caregiver, or Sitter Pro Subscriber.
The current required data fields for users upon registration are:
- Mobile Phone Number
Whether you choose to share additional optional Personal Information (e.g., a personal bio, emergency contacts, desired qualifications, allergies, pet care, etc.) with us while you use the Services is completely up to you, but keep in mind that you may not be able to access some areas of the Services or effectively use the Services we offer without sharing additional optional Personal Information.
We may also, either during or after the registration process, use the Personal Information you have provided to us to request further Personal Information from you and/or use third party services, to verify your account or registration information or compliance with our Terms of Service.
You may remove or update your Personal Information at any time by logging into your account and selecting “Edit Profile”.
- Information We Collect As You Access And Use Our Services
In addition to any Personal Information or other information that you choose to submit to us, we and our third party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Services (” Usage Information”). This Usage Information may include the browser that you are using, the URL that referred you to our Services, all of the areas within our Services that you visit, and the time of day, among other information. We may use Usage Information for a variety of purposes, including to enhance or otherwise improve the Services. In addition, we collect your IP address or other unique identifier (”Device Identifier”) for your computer, mobile or other device used to access the Services (any, a “Device”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Services, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. Usage Information may be non-identifying or may be associated with you. Whenever we associate Usage Information or a Device Identifier with your Personal Information, we will treat it as Personal Information.
A few of the methods that may be used to collect Usage Information include, without limitation, the following (and subsequent technology and methods hereafter developed):
Cookies. A cookie is a data file placed on a Device when it is used to access the Services. A Flash cookie is a data file placed on a Device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your Device. Cookies and Flash Cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, remembering you and your preferences and tracking your visits to our web pages. Cookies work by assigning a number to the user that has no meaning outside of the assigning website.
Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in our web and mobile pages and messages. The web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored in a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Web beacons or similar technologies help us better manage content on our Services by informing us what content is effective, count users of the Services, monitor how users navigate the Services, count how many e-mails that we send were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed. We do not tie the information gathered by web beacons to your personal information.
Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Services, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Services, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- Information Third Parties Provide About You
- Information You Provide About A Third Party
Families have the opportunity to provide reviews about Caregivers and the Care Services they have used and Caregivers have the opportunity to provide reviews about families. We store these Reviews and display them to the Sitter Pro Subscriber from whom you have procured services. Your Reviews become accessible to the Sitter Pro Subscriber once you post them, and copies of them may continue to be viewable even after you delete your account.
- Information Collected by Mobile Applications
Our Services include applications on your mobile, tablet computer or similar device (“Mobile Application”). You agree that we may collect and use technical data and related information, including but not limited to, technical information about your device, system and application software, and peripherals, that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support and other services to you (if any) related to such Mobile Applications.
When you use any of our Mobile Applications, the Mobile Application may automatically collect and store some or all of the following information from your mobile device (“Mobile Device Information”), including without limitation:
- Your preferred language and country site (if applicable).
- Your phone number or other unique device identifier assigned to your mobile device – such as the International Mobile Equipment Identity or the Mobile Equipment ID number.
- The IP address of your mobile device.
- The manufacturer and model of your mobile device.
- Your mobile operating system.
- The type of mobile Internet browsers you are using.
- Information about how you interact with the Mobile Application and any of our web sites to which the Mobile Application links, such as how many times you use a specific part of the mobile application over a given time period, the amount of time you spend using the Mobile Application, how often you use the Mobile Application, actions you take in the Mobile Application and how you engage with the Mobile Application.
- Information to allow us to personalize the services and content available through the Mobile Application.
We may use information automatically collected by the Mobile Application (including the Mobile Device Information) in the following ways:
- To operate and improve our Mobile Applications, other Services, our company’s services, and tools.
- To create aggregated and anonymized information to determine which Mobile Application features are most popular and useful to users, and for other statistical analyses.
- To customize the content or services on the Mobile Application for you, or the communications sent to you through the Mobile Application.
We may associate your unique mobile Device Identifier or Mobile Application usage information with any Personal Information you provide, but we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
(2) HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED?
Our primary goal in collecting your Personal information or Usage Information is to provide you with the best experience possible when using the Services.
Based upon the Personal Information you provide us when registering for an account, we will send you a text to verify your account. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account. We will communicate with you by email, telephone, or text message, in accordance with your wishes.
We will use your email address and/or your phone number to send you account confirmations, notifications and booking status updates and reminders, and to otherwise provide services to you in connection with the Services.
We also use your Personal Information for administrative purposes, such as addressing account and billing issues, troubleshooting Services issues, investigating abuse on the Services, responding to user inquiries and enforcing and applying our Terms of Service.
We use your information to closely monitor which features of the Services are used most, to allow you to view your booking history, and to determine which features we need to focus on improving, including usage patterns and geographic locations to determine where we should offer or focus services, features and/or resources.
We use the information collected from our Mobile Applications so that we are able to serve you the correct app version depending on your device type, for troubleshooting and in some cases, marketing purposes. The credit card information a Family provides in their personal profile is not stored by us, but is stored and used by our third party credit card processors in order for them to process payment that the Family owes a third party caregiver or Sitter Pro Subscriber for services received by the Family. Likewise, the bank account information a caregiver or Sitter Pro Subscriber provides in their personal or business profile is not stored by us, but is stored and used by our third party credit card processors in order for them to process payment to the third party caregiver or Sitter Pro Subscriber from the third party family for services rendered by the caregiver.
We use your Internet Protocol (IP) address to help diagnose problems with our computer server, and to administer our web site(s). Your IP address is used to help identify you, but contains no personal information about you.
We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our Services are temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
(3) HOW AND WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES?
- Disclosure By Law; Protection of Us and Others
We may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law), (2) protect or defend UrbanSitter’s, or a third party’s rights or property, or (3) protect someone’s health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including you) is threatened.
- Aggregate Data
We may share aggregate data about users with third parties, including advertisers and marketing partners. This information does not identify individual users.
- Service Providers
We may share your Personal Information with companies that perform services for us, such as analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, or 3rd Party Verification and Background Check service providers. They have access to Personal Information as needed to perform their functions, but may not disclose your Personal Information for other purposes.
- Business Changes
- Promotional Partners
We may share certain Personal Information about users who were referred to our Services through a promotional partner using a designated promotional code. In such circumstances, we will notify users using the promotional code of the information that will be shared and the party to whom it will be shared.
- Information Available to Other Users
Certain information about you may be accessible to other Users depending on how you use the Services.
Sitter Pro Information Available to Other Users
If you are a Caregiver:
- Families with whom you have a booking are able to see your name (only your first name and last initial are displayed), profile picture, city and state, bio, and qualifications.
- Sitter Pro Subscribers from whom you get bookings can see your full name, phone number, email address, profile picture, address, bio, qualifications and preferences, and reviews left by a family on a service you provided.
- A caregiver’s phone number is only disclosed to a family and vice versa for confirmed bookings.
If you are a Family:
- Sitter Pro Subscribers from whom you procure care services are able to see your name, profile picture, phone number, email address, full address, basic bio, detailed bio information (emergency contacts, bedtime routines, etc.), number of children, and qualifications needed.
- Caregivers who are requested on your behalf by the Sitter Pro Subscriber from whom you are procuring care services are able to see your name, brief bio, profile picture, number of children, qualifications needed, and booking address.
- Caregivers who have a confirmed booking to provide you a care service can also see your phone number and detailed bio information such as emergency contacts and bedtime routines, during the confirmed or active booking.
If you are a Sitter Pro Subscriber:
- Caregivers and Families are able to see your business’s profile including business name, location, website, support phone number, support email address, terms and conditions, vetting process, year founded, bio, services offered, service descriptions, pricing, and any applicable industry organization memberships.
- Third Party Advertisers
Third parties may provide some of the advertisements on the Services. We do not share any Personal Information with them, but they may have access to information they obtain through cookies, beacons or other tracking devices discussed in Section 1 above or that you share with them yourself. Please note that we do not rent, share, sell or trade Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
(4) HOW CAN I UPDATE AND CORRECT INFORMATION OR CANCEL MY ACCOUNT?
If you need to change your Personal Information, you may update or correct this information by logging into your account and editing your profile within your account. We encourage you to update your Personal Information promptly if it changes.
If you choose to store credit card or bank account information on the Services, this is stored on a secure third party page and you may delete your credit card or bank account information at any time by accessing your payment methods in your profile and deleting the payment method.
If you wish to cancel your account, you may do so at any time by contacting us at [email protected] We will retain your Personal Information and Usage Information for as long as your account with the Services is active and as needed to provide you Services. Even after your account is terminated, we will retain your Personal Information and Usage Information (including booking history, credit card information and transaction history) as needed to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, conclude any activities related to cancellation of an account (such as addressing chargebacks from your credit card companies), investigate or prevent fraud and other inappropriate activity, to enforce our agreements, and for other business reasons. After a period of time, your data may be anonymized and aggregated, and then may be held by us as long as necessary for us to provide our Services effectively, but our use of the anonymized data will be solely for analytic purposes.
(5) CAN I OPT-OUT OF PROMOTIONAL EMAILS?
We provide you with the ability to opt-out of receiving promotional emails (e.g., monthly newsletters, new service offerings, special discounts and third-party offers) from us. If you wish to discontinue receiving promotional emails, you can opt-out by using the link on the bottom of every promotional email you receive from us.
Please note that you cannot opt-out of receiving administrative and transaction-related emails from us. These are emails that relate to your account or your activity through the Services.
(6) WHAT ABOUT INFORMATION I DISCLOSE PUBLICLY?
- User Generated Content and Public Information
To request removal of your User Content from our blog or community forum or similar features, contact us through [email protected]. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your User Content, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Name and Likeness
We may also publish your name, voice, likeness and other Personal Information that is part of your User Content, and we may use the content, or any portion of the content, for advertising, marketing, publicity and promotional activities. For full terms and conditions regarding User Content you submit to the Services, please review our Terms of Service.
(7) WHAT ABOUT THE SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The Personal Information and Usage Information we collect is securely stored within our databases, and we use standard, industry-wide, commercially reasonable security practices such as encryption, firewalls and SSL (Secure Socket Layers) for protecting your information – such as any portions of your credit card number which we retain (we do not ourselves retain your entire credit card information). However, as effective as encryption technology is, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet or wireless communication, and any information you transmit to us you do at your own risk. We recommend that you not disclose your password to anyone.
(8) WHAT ABOUT SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES AND WIDGETS?
(9) WHAT AGE RESTRICTIONS APPLY?
The Services are not intended for individuals under the age of 13. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect, either online or offline, personal information from individuals under the age of 13.
Additional Information for California Residents
This section provides information organized in accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) for residents of California about how we handle certain personal information we have collected over the past 12 months.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. Sitter Pro may share your personal information with third parties and third parties may collect your personal information as described above in the How We Share Your Information section.
Requests for Deletion, Copy and Right to Know Your Information. California consumers have the right to make the following requests, which we endeavor to honor from non-California residents as well:
- Deletion. You have the right to request deletion of personal information that we have collected about you.
- Copy and Right to Know. You have the right to request a copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including the categories of information, sources, and purposes of collection, as well as categories of third parties we have shared it with.
- Designated Agent. You may designate an agent to make a request on your behalf. That agent must have access to your account in order for us to verify the request.
You may submit a deletion, copy and right to know request by emailing us at [email protected] You will need access to the email account associated with your Sitter Pro account in order to verify your identity and complete this process. We need certain types of information so that we can provide our services. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our services. In addition, we may retain personal information as authorized under applicable law, such as personal information required as necessary to provide our services, protect our business and systems from fraudulent activity, to debug and identify errors that impair existing functionality, as necessary for us, or others, to exercise their free speech or other rights, comply with law enforcement requests pursuant to lawful process, for our own internal purposes reasonably related to your relationship with us, or to comply with legal obligations.
Non-Discrimination. Sitter Pro will not discriminate against you, including by denying or providing a different level or quality of goods or services should you choose to exercise your options under the CCPA.
Your California Privacy Rights under California’s Shine-the-Light Law. California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the types of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to [email protected].
(11) WHAT IF I HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS?