Aren’t you excited to stop going to the ATM? We are.
If your babysitter has joined Sitter and has enabled online payments, it is super easy to pay them at the end of the night.
First, you need to make sure you have added a payment method to your account. See Add, Update, or Remove a Credit Card for more information.
In the app:
- Within 30 minutes prior to the start time of your confirmed booking, you will see the active booking detail screen upon login. The active booking screen includes a timer.
- Start the timer by tapping “Start Timer”. The timer will start automatically at the start time of the booking if it is not manually started.
- When you return home, stop the timer by tapping “Stop Timer”. If you forget, the timer will stop automatically.
- Tap “Pay Sitter”.
- Confirm the total time and rate. You can make adjustments to the time and rate by tapping the fields and entering a new value.
- Tap “Next”.
- Add a tip or any reimbursements to the total amount. It is not mandatory to tip your sitter but if your sitter did a good job, it is nice to tip. In the old world, parents often thought of tipping as “rounding up”. See Do I need to tip my sitter?
- Tap “Next”.
- Confirm the amount and the credit card. If you need to change the credit card, tap “Change”.
- Tap “Pay”. Your credit card will be charged and the funds will be deposited in your babysitter’s account. That’s it! Wasn’t that easy?
If your babysitter doesn’t currently accept online payments, you can let them know that you’d like to pay them through the app. It’s free for the sitter! The convenience fee charged to the parent varies based on your membership plan – but could be 0%!