When you add your friends who babysit to the app, you can find new jobs by introducing yourself to their clients.
First, you must connect with a friend. If you need help connecting with friends, see Adding your Friends Who Babysit. Or, if you don’t have friends who babysit, try finding families in your neighborhood looking for sitters.
To introduce yourself to one of their clients, in the app:
- Open the main menu in the top corner of the app.
- Tap “My Friends”.
- Tap your friend’s profile photo.
- Tap “Families”.
- Tap a family’s profile photo to see their profile.
- Tap “Introduce Yourself”. A chat window will appear. Warmly introduce yourself so the family knows you’re interested. For example:
Hi! My name is Maddy. I’m friends with Elly. I’d love to babysit for your kids sometime. I have 4 years experience and absolutely adore kids! If you have any questions, please let me know!
- A text notification will be sent to the family letting them know that you would like to chat with them. It includes your name and the name of the friend who have in common.
- At this point, if you feel comfortable, you can go ahead and invite them to connect by tapping “Invite Family”.
- The family will Accept or Decline the request.
- When they accept, you’ll be on their sitter list and can start accepting booking requests from them!
If you don’t have friends who babysit, you can find families in your neighborhood looking for sitters.