Filling the “Camp Gap”
2020 has been a year of surprises and this summer is no different. Many of our summer pastimes may not be possible this year or will look a little different. One of the most notable activities impacted is summer camps. Many camps have decided to close for the summer, while others are opening with limited availability. However, just because children may not be able to go to camp, that doesn’t mean camp can’t come to them!
Babysitting and nanny agencies have a great opportunity to help bring camp to their families. Sitters have always worn many hats (caregiver, friend, mentor), why not add ‘camp counselor’ to that list?! By creating a camp service, you can provide families with the in-home care they need, while also bringing a little more excitement into it! You can offer single day sessions or a weeklong offering and give families different themes to choose from. And what camp would be complete without a closing ceremony for the parents? For example:
- Activities: Create a choreographed routine, stretch/yoga, freestyle dance, learn about new/different styles
- Closing ceremony: Final recital
- Activities: 100-yard dash, gymnastics, long jump, water balloon toss
- Closing ceremony: Medal ceremony
- Activities: Soccer, riding bikes, baseball/softball, basketball, frisbee, golf
- Closing ceremony: Trophy ceremony
Each camp session can be tailored to the appropriate ages for the family and will leave them with memories they won’t forget! Get camping!